Sunday, September 19, 2010

Simple Ideas When You Can't Find Bug Repellent

I wanted to let everyone know why I have chosen to write about homemade bug spray.  I have very sensitive skin.  So bugs naturally gravitate to me.  When my husband and I are out by the pool, it is always me that get 10 bites before my husband gets one.
I also don't like the harmful chemicals.  Everyone reacts differently to the harsh chemicals, and because my skin is so sensitive, I often break out.  So, I am on a quest to find all the homemade bug sprays I can, so I won't spend a fortune in bug sprays.
Two ideas that make sense to me:  1.  If you find yourself without bug spray, use dryer sheets and rub the dryer sheet over all exposed skin.  I have found that and it works.
  2. Use Listerine or any antiseptic mouthwash.  One part Listerine to three parts water.  Put in a spray bottle and spray.  The bugs are repelled by the smell.

No comments:

Post a Comment